Gobble, Gobble
Sherwood Give & Gobble 10K
Sherwood, OR

Official Gun Time: 51:17 (8:17 m/m)
Unofficial Watch Time: 50:56 (8:14 m/m)
Placing: 88/274 OA, 22/140 F, 2/44 F30-39
Splits
1 - 1:10 - I accidentally hit my lap button 0.14 miles in (8:28 m/m)
2 - 8:18
3 - 7:52
4 - 8:21
5 - 8:08
6 - 8:43
7 - 8:03
Finish - 0:17 (6:27 m/m for 0.04 miles)
Fashion Report: Black Marathon Girl Skirt, Burgundy New Balance LS Tech Shirt
Breakfast Report: White whole wheat toast w/ peanut butter, coffee
Post Race Gluttony: Thanksgiving Dinner!

This year, this race, I'm thankful for:
- My family's new tradition of going out for a run on Thanksgiving morning before all the gluttony starts. Nathan walked/ran his first 5K with Chad in 48:20!

- The race directors for putting on a fantastic event again! Compared to last year, there were so many people going out to run/walk/mosey despite the mist which turned into rain by the time I finished.
- Racing as speedwork. I'm finding that it's much easier to hold pace when I'm surrounded by other runners. The only goal for this race was to make it my tempo run for the week with a target pace of 8:11 or faster. I ran 8:14 but given how hilly the middle miles were, I'm happy. Plus I can't complain about the hardware!

- My friend, Jeff, who ran with me and helped me keep pace through the hills. He also ran ahead and helped clear the path of walkers and at one point during the last mile was pulling me along at 7:30. Thankfully, he stopped before the string broke!
- Being healthy and able to go out and do this sort of stuff for fun!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home